06 April 2010

Sand and Surf with Zoë and Piper

Well, you wouldn't know it if you look out your window today, but we have been having some fantastic Spring weather.  And, when you get these fabulous days, you gotta take advantage of the them.  So, that's what we did!

My pal Linda and I took our dogs for some outdoors fun down at the water front - Jack Darling Park to be exact.  Located on Mississauga's picturesque waterfront, this park is the perfect place to spend time on a sunny day.  Other than hosting a leash-free, there is a great board walk through the Rattray Marsh and some beautiful shoreline beach paths as well.  The dogs loved it - and Linda and I had a pretty good time too.

Zoë's pal, Piper is a 9 year old  Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever.  I think that Piper 'tolerates' Zoë - I mean, she's constantly bouncing around him, trying to gain his affection and attention, but he really wants no part of it.  However, that being said, he is good with her and after a while, it does calm her down.  My secret hope is that his good behaviour on-leash will rub off on our 10 month old Blue.... I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Piper's favourite thing to do at the beach is 'Sand Surf'.  He makes a running dive (minus the high energy -so  maybe more like a snowplow...) into the sand and rolls around.  Come to think of it, he does this on frosty grass as well.....hmmm.... Anyway, he's in heaven at the beach and Zoë is not far behind!  From her limited exposure to water, she sure does love it!!!!

No comments: