16 February 2010

Cooking Picardy Style

Hmm...I guess someone is really on the mend.  Tonight while prepping for dinner, I grated my thumb (along with the asiago) and it bled like crazy.  I hurried into the bathroom to 'triage' myself and while I was gone....a certain pup ate my recipe and half of my grated asiago!!!

There is really not too much that this crazy spaniel *won't* eat - it doesn't have to be food either.  In the last couple of months, here is a mere sample of what Zoë has consumed:
  • half a Swiffer dust cloth
  • various gum wrappers
  • two bills
  • a report draft
  • a variety of magazine pages - she seems to prefer Business Magazines
  • pieces of newspaper
  • toilet paper (yes... from the roll)
  • part of a pen
  • part of a pencil
  • various slippers
  • snowflakes
  • duvet down
  • toy stuffing
  • bandages and Band-Aids
  • a piece of soap (this ended up being the most unsavory item)
  • an ATM card (just mangled beyond recognition)
  • dish towels (just pieces)
  • paper towels
  • sticks, sticks and more sticks
  • woodchips
  • tree bark
  • dried leaves
.... and anything else she can sneek by.  I'm sure that they've opened up Shark bellies that have less items!!!


3 comments:

A Cookbook Addict said...

I hope you don't have to search for these items after they've been swallowed. LOL!

I think you need another puppy to keep her busy.

Susan said...

The search is pretty easy - whatever goes in, eventually comes out!! I'm thinking of enlisting Matthew as a playmate for Zoë....

Kim Ratigan said...

Sorry Susan, I think she gets this trait from her dad...he loves to chew, and while we try to keep him occupied with his nylabones (great!)and kongs (don't last very long), he has left his mark, teethwise, on a number of items. Our TV flicker has many battle scars, as does my Second Cup gift card (still works!)
Fortunately, Suede is super good at releasing whatever he has when commanded.
His most memorable 'chew' was shortly after we got him-I left him alone for 10 mins, (as a test), and came back to find he had eaten 3 of my sons Pokemon figurines. He had the most amazing poos for days after...Pokee-Poos!

Okay, enough already :-D